Terms? Conditions? We understand that too many rules may result in ruining the fun before it starts but having a few of these guidelines in place is best for us to avoid anything blowing out of proportion and being unpleasant for either party. With everyone’s busy schedule we may easily forget the importance of the terms and conditions. Most of these guidelines are for everyone to keep in mind that we are doing our best to respect everyone’s effort, time and arrangements and ensuring that everyone has the right information to embark on a vacation to remember!
Each of our properties is committed to the highest levels of customer care (in most instances we think it is unparallel!) – Before, during and after your stay with us!
The Cantaloupe Hotels Website is owned and operated by Cantaloupe Villas Pvt. Ltd, which offices located at No 423, 6th Floor, Galle Road, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka.
Customers are responsible for reading the terms and conditions including booking conditions which are available for download or below. You agree to abide by the terms or conditions of purchase imposed by Cantaloupe Hotels with whom you elect to transact and communicate with. You understand that any violation of any such conditions of transaction may result in cancellation of your reservations or transacted purchase, in your being denied access to any of the affiliated Cantaloupe hotels, in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservations or purchases, and Cantaloupe Hotels debiting your account for any costs we incur as a result of such violation. You will be completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of your use of this website, and, without limitation, you will be responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of transactions performed by others on your behalf, whether or not such uses were performed with your consent.
Reservation via the Internet!
Bookings made via our internet booking engine, the full payment or for email inquiries, the full payment of payment of deposit or your written confirmation will indicate an acceptance of these terms and conditions by you.
Methods of Payment
Yes, a credit card is required for all reservations made via the Internet. Hopefully you have one that is compatible with us. We transact with Visa, Master Card and Amex.
If paying by credit card you can either pay through
- Our online secure internet payment gateway facility available on our website (see tab ‘Book Now’)
- You could do so by filling in, signing and returning to us a credit card authorization form that we will send to you indicating the total amount due not forgetting to also send us copied of both sides of the relevant card. You can return these forms via email. email@example.com
Payments also can be made via bank transfer or bank deposit and if paid by bank transfer, all additional charges and fees related to the transfer will be borne by you. (Best you use your credit card.. )
Bank Deposits (mostly applicable to residents)
Payments can be remitted to the Cantaloupe Villas Account. (Please request account details.)
For bookings requiring multiple rooms, we recommend calling our head office sales directly for information about reserving a block of rooms at a discounted rate (Well Played!)
- Pets are not permitted at this hotel (nothing against them but our properties have very little outdoor space and this will be inconvenient to our little pet friends and also respecting fellow guests that may not be comfortable around any pets)
Check In and Check Out
- Check-in time: 2 PM / Check-out time: 12 PM
- All reservations that are guaranteed with a credit card are held for late arrivals. However, if you know in advance that you will be arriving after-hours, please make a note of this at the time of your reservation – it’s not required, but will help us a lot.
- Early check in before 09:00 hrs the full night rate will be charged on arrival day. Any check in between 09:00 hrs to 12:00noon will be charged with 60% of the room charge, while check in between 12:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs are FOC. This remains subject to availability at time of check in.
- Check out up to 16:00 hrs FOC, between 16:00 hrs and 20.00 hrs will be charged with 60% of the room charge, for check outs after 21:00 hrs the full room charge will be charged. This remains subject to availability at time of check out.
The rates listed on our site have different rate structures depending on the seasons , special offers available and the guest will be able to make a reservation depending on whether all the criteria’s of the booking conditions are met. If all the requested criteria’s are not met, Cantaloupe Hotels has the liberty to request the guest to amend the reservation or cancel the reservation.
- We have an Low, High and Peak Season and clearly stated on our rate card.
- Different rate categories are listed on the online booking engine, regardless of the currency it is listed under or/and the offer(s) available is subject to change at the discretion of Cantaloupe Hotels. Since the rates are amended frequently there might be more than one rate for a given date.
- The price of your holidays purchased is subject to the possibility of changes and surcharges beyond the control of us and may occur because of governmental action, currency exchange rate fluctuation and increases in suppliers
- All rates are including 11% VAT, 1 % TDL. 2.04% NBT and 10% Service Charge. All room rates are quoted in USD. If using the Currency Converter option, please be advised that this is only an estimate and not confirmed at this rate. All rates will be charged in LKR.
- For any cancellation, a 15% administration fee will be charged.
- If a cancellation is received between 21 and 15 days prior to scheduled arrival, 50% off the total value will be charged
- Cancellations within 14 days prior to scheduled arrival date, early departure or no-show: the full amount will be charged.
- Reservations under EBB and Last Minute will be charged 100% at time of reservation, and are non refundable. During the Peak Season, the total amount of accommodation will be charged at time of reservation and are non-refundable.
Cancellation Policy for Amended Bookings
- The cancellation policy will be applicable to the original date of arrival and not to the extended date of arrival. If the date of arrival is brought forward, the cancellation policy will be applicable to the amended date of arrival.
Cancellation Policy for Special Offers
- The cancellation policy for special offers will be clearly defined on each of the special offers section relevant to each offer.
Amendment of Date for a particular booking
- If you wish to change the date of reservation, it can be done by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the online rate for the alternate reservation date(s) is less than the original rate depending on the seasons, the excess money can be utilized against extra expenditure at the hotel during your stay. (E.g. if original date was booked in Peak Season and them amended to Low Season)
- If the online rate for the alternate reservation date(s) is higher than the original rate, then the difference will have to be paid at the point of amending the booking. (E.g. if original date was booked in the Low Season and the date needed to be amended to High Season)
- If a guest was unable to cancel a non-refundable booking, then the hotel will allow the guest to use the booking during another date subject to availability and applicable only during the Low Season.
- Date changes will be done subject to availability.
Relocation due to overbooking
- In the event where the hotel is overbooked we will request to transfer your booking to a similar or higher category hotel. (A very rare occurrence but good to point out – just in case)
- You may agree to be transferred or you may cancel the booking. If you agree to be transferred, then we will do so to the best of our ability and without any additional cost. If you wish to cancel the reservation at this point, we will do so without any penalties and refund the full amount (minus any bank charges)
Best Rate Guarantee
- Cantaloupe Hotels offers the “Best Rate Guarantee”. If you have reserved a hotel room at any of the Cantaloupe Hotels through any online site then show us that you could book the same room for the same dates at indicated lower rate that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will match that rate and compensate with a value addition at our discretion.
- The claim must be made within 24 hours of making the reservation via the internet
- The competing rate must be an exact match to the original booking made through indicating the same Cantaloupe Hotel, same number of guests, same meal plan, same room type and same date of arrival and departure.
- The ‘Best Rate Guarantee’ does not apply to unpublished rates, such as
- Private Rates
- Packaged or Promotional Rates
- Part of a Travel Package
- Rates not available to the General Public (e.g. corporate rate, loyalty program)
- Cantaloupe Hotels has the right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including but not limited to, determine the validity of any claim, including but not limited to, determining that it is for the same hotel, room type, dates, and that it meets all Terms, Conditions, and Claims processing requirements.
- Our “Best Rate Guarantee” cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
- Cantaloupe Hotels reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue the “Best Rate Guarantee” at anytime.
- Any questions regarding claims should be directed to our Sales team at email@example.com with the relevant screen shots and evidence attached.
The copyright and all other Intellectual Property rights in all of the content on this website are owned by Cantaloupe Hotels. Copying of any part for commercial or business use is strictly prohibited.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are subject to the Laws and the Jurisdiction of Sri Lanka.
The above terms and condition are valid from the 1st of June 2015.